Addyi (flibanserin) is indicated for premenopausal women with acquired, generalized hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) as characterized by low sexual desire that causes marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.
Cannot be due to:
- Coexisting medical or psychiatric condition,
- Problems within the relationship
- Effects of a medication or other drug substance
How is it prescribed:
- 100 mg PO once daily at bedtime
- Dosed at bedtime because administration during waking hours increases risks of hypotension, syncope, accidental injury, and CNS depression
Discontinue after 8 weeks if no improvement.
Only physicians and pharmacies authorized to prescribe Addyi can determine if this is right for you.
More information about Addyi from its manufacturer can be found at addyi.com.